Monday 15 December 2014

Family | Mummy Time



I love being a mum, I really do. It's the best feeling in the world. As I mentioned in my last post, Mummy Talk, you don't get much time to yourself. My life revolves around George now, if I'm not feeding him, changing his nappy, washing his clothes or doing a mountain of housework, I'm talking to him, playing with him and trying to comfort him! It really is hard work, but I wouldn't change it for the world. 

I'm really grateful because my family are so local and they'll have George any time I need them to, and Pete is quite hands on most of the time as well. 

As much as I adore being a mum, sometimes it's nice and most of all it's important to take some me time. George is a really good boy and I'm lucky enough to put him in his chair and take him into the bathroom with me when I need a bath, he'll happily sit there babbling away to himself. However, once a week, I have a bath, light some candles, put on a hair mask and a face mask and have some time to relax. It works out well for both Pete and I because he has some one on one time with George after work, and I get to pamper myself. 

Even though, as I've said, my life revolves around George, I try not to pass the opportunity to go out with the girls. It's so important to stay in touch with friends and it easy to forget what life was like before you had your little one. Nobody should lose touch with their friends because they've had a baby. I love a good catch up with my favourite girls. As we get older, we do get busier and we do see our friends less which is sad, but I love the fact I can get in touch with any of my friends and just chat for hours! That's what a true friend is. 

A week after George was born, my family went on holiday, it was really bad timing. When they got back, my mum offered to have him over night so Pete and I could have a full night's sleep (I secretly think it's because she missed him so much). It was glorious! We had takeout for tea, a drink, watched TV, had an early night and slept right through. It's also important to have some time together with your partner! We argue over silly things a lot, so it's nice to appreciate some alone time. 

Are you a mum? How do you relax?




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig