Tuesday 23 December 2014

Christmas | Wrapping Up

Merry Christmas from Rachael and George
The first year Peter and I were together, he went to his mum's in Stockport for Christmas and I stayed at home (we hadn't moved in together then). Since then for the past two years, we've stayed at my parents' on Christmas Eve ready for Christmas Day! This year, we're staying in our own home for Christmas Eve which means I won't be opening my presents at my parents' house for the first time ever. So despite living with Peter for three years, I've never actually spent Christmas away from home. It all feels very grown up! Although I'm sad to leave my former traditions behind, I'm so excited to create new ones with my gorgeous little family! Of course we'll go to my mum and dad's for Christmas dinner, we don't need any stress of cooking ;)

This Christmas has been quite stressful for me, having a new baby and organising everything on your own is pretty hard work! I went shopping for all the presents and wrapped all the presents this year (thankfully my parents had George when I did my wrapping). After ranting to my mum this morning about how stressed I was, she reminded me that I'm mum and soon to be wife so Christmas is now my "thing" if you like. Hopefully next year will be less stressful (I'm starting my shopping in January next year!)

I guess the point of this post was just to say I'm taking a break from blogging this Christmas (not that I'm an avid blogger).  I'm looking forward to spending time with my family, eating all the food and of course George's first Christmas! It's so exciting having a baby around even if he's too young to understand what's going on. 

Merry Christmas

Rachael (&George) xo



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig