Monday 22 December 2014

Personal | Be More You



In the short time I've been blogging, I don't think I've stayed true to myself. All this time, I've been conforming to normal blog standards if you like. I've compared myself to other bloggers and tried to keep my blog in line with these, regardless of the fact, I'm not a beauty blogger. I've read advice on being a blogger which reads "don't swear on social media" or "don't express yourself too much on social networks, keep your blog and personal life separate." And that's all well and good, but sometimes you need to swear, sometimes you need a rant. Even though I consider Jegz Loves Tea a lifestyle blog, and it is about my life and what I do, I don't think my personality has come across because I've tried to comply with these "rules" and be someone I'm not. This has been a rookie mistake on my behalf. 



If you've read some of my recent blog posts, you'll see my writing style has changed from earlier blog posts, this is because I want to inject more me into my blog. It's my blog, it's a lifestyle blog, it should be more personal. 

I recently read a post by Zoe London saying to be yourself and she's right, you should be yourself. We're not all perfect. We shouldn't compare our lives to other bloggers and we certainly shouldn't compare our blogs to others. Okay, I'm not the most experienced blogger, I don't have hundreds of followers and I do realise it's easy to get caught up in other people. With more and more of us over sharing on social media and posting photos of those little things that make us happy, it's easy for others to become jealous and compare their own life. I'm guilty of this myself. I will scroll through someone's Instagram, blog or Twitter and feel a pang of jealousy. This is completely normal. I wouldn't dream of posting a photo of my messy house, chipped nails or of myself with no makeup on! To tell the truth, most days I don't even bother getting dressed, however this is something I want to change as I do want to start incorporating more outfit posts to my blog. 

As the New Year approaches and people make their resolutions which they're not going to keep, I'm going to vow to keep up posting regularly and to be more me. 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig